My cubical mate, Josh, and I will take microbreaks from time to time, kick up our feet, and chat for a few minutes, just to stop looking at our computers. Well, sometime last week, someone took a picture of us in this position with their phone. Today, they decided to circulate that picture as a way to undermine us as members of a new project. We don't take phone calls, but we are responsible for 3x as many clients as those who are taking phone calls. But since our client base went up, and theirs went down, their availability requirement went up 15%, and most of them are kinda upset. So, Josh and I got called into an office today, not by our supervisor, or our supervisor's manager, both of whom are out of the office this week, but by one of the two supervisors who gets off on micromanaging other teams rather than their own. He pulled us in an office, and told us that if we wanted to stay on the new project, we needed to fill any time we had on our hands by helping our teammates or jumping in to take phone calls. He showed us the picture, and told us that it was going to the branch manager on Friday, and that we'll have to answer for ourselves.
The project started three days ago. The picture was taken last week. Last week, we had less than half the clients we do now, and were kicking back, waiting for the phone to ring. Neither one of us have had follow up problems, in fact, we were chosen for this project because of our great follow up skills. We are the two people on the team who, when a client asks to be reassigned for lack of follow up, are the person to whom the client is reassigned. We were tapped because our strength at works lies more in the follow up, and less in the customer service. So management gave us more follow up, and less customer service, and for the employees who excel at customer service, and are less reliable on follow up, were given more customer service responsibilities. It seems fair to me, but some blow hole didn't like that they didn't get picked, and decided to exact stupid, petty, childish revenge.
My annual review is in 4 weeks, and if I get reprimanded for some asshole's tainted version of the truth, and my raise is affected by this person's sophmoric prank, I'm seriously gonna have to kick some verbal ass. The way I figure, if I'm gonna get in trouble, I might as well do something to get in trouble for.
I hate office politics. There's no fucking point.
~~ One Pissed Off Wig
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment