Weight Loss so far: 25 pounds in six weeks.
Food doesn't seem to be my problem. I have taken all the junk food out of my diet, and replaced it with fruit and veggies, and my sweet tooth is still satisfied. Especially since it's apricot and plum season.... Yum!
My struggle seems to be with the exercise portion of the diet and exercise dogma. I have tried several workouts:
~ Walking in my neighborhood 1.25-1.75 miles with Malachi.
~ Walking 20 minutes on our treadmill with varying speeds and inclines. I'm starting to like the virtual personal trainer that lives in the treadmill. And add 1o minutes of stretching afterwards, i can watch an episode of A Bit of Fry and Laurie. Sometimes I'll follow this up with 100 real sit ups, the ones you had to do in gym class in middle school. 25 per commercial break. =]
~ An old Tae Bo tape I bought in college before DVDs were fully embraced. I've only tried it once, and I only lasted 12 minutes, but that was a month ago. Maybe I should try it again.
~ Yoga -- but the cheap studios in town are closing, and I can't afford the expensive ones. I love yoga, but I don't know it well enough to do it on my own.
~ A walking DVD that purports to have you walking 3 miles in place, but it was kind of lame, and I felt a little silly.
~ And the piece de resistance... Today I bought the New York City Ballet Workout, thinking that it would be fun and refreshing. I sort of danced in my youth. So I pulled out my 10 year old ballet slippers, put in the DVD, and began the most difficult work out I've come across so far. And it's deceivingly difficult. At the moment, it hurts to hold my arms up to type, and I only did about half of the port de bras movements. It wasn't cardio, it wasn't high impact. But it was HARD. I can remember the last time I've sweated so hard. Usually when I work out, I feel a little bit winded, but mostly invigorated from the endorphins and stuff. But now, 30 minutes after hell en pointe, I feel like crawling into bed and staying there forever.
Maybe I'll head back to my comfort zone, the treadmill, Steven Fry, Hugh Laurie, and old fashioned sit ups, and give ballet some distance for a few more weeks.
It's exhausting to even consider going downstairs for some water. I'm really going to feel this tomorrow.
~~ The Wig, in pain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment