Health: Soon after my California vacation, I felt very run down, and thinking that the borderline anemia that comes with my red hair had worsened, I went to see my doctor. He tested me for anemia and low thyroid (I have a family history) and both tests came back negative. He then ordered a sleep study which confirmed sleep apnea. In addition to that my blood sugar was not great, still within normal, but not where it should have been, and I had developed bursitis in my right hip. My body was falling apart. I was too fat. I was at 295 pounds, the heaviest I've been in my life.
Dr. Stewart put me on a fantastic appetite supressant, and some friends and I started an office Biggest Loser contest at work, and 4 weeks later I've lost over 15 pounds, and still going strong. I still induldge in the occasional chocolate, and my brother in law treated me to Chinese tonight in exchange for free babysitting, but other than that, I'm doing really well. I'm fitting into jeans I had almost decided to send to Goodwill. It's like finding a whole new wardrobe in the back of my closet. Yeah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment