Saturday, June 21, 2008

June Update

Work: Still Team Lead, and for the last few weeks I've been working the late shift and backing up the General Ledger and Premier queues while they are understaffed. I'll be back to my normal shift by mid-July. I'm really gonna miss sleeping in every day.

We also were told that in 18 months our current job titles will be eliminated, and while there are new positions opening up in our center, they aren't going to be earmarked for us, and we'll have to compete for them against the rest of the company. I'm not going to go out for any of the new positions because in 18 months I'll be in my last semester of school, and was planning on leaving anyway. Plus it wouldn't be fair to take one of those positions away from a colleauge for whom Paychex is their career, not just a means to an end.

My annual review is in 3 months, and I'm confident that it will go well. My boss is fair and consistent, and I've been meeting my goals and providing the leadership on my team that he expects from his Team Lead. I'm also close to completing my first advanced training module, which is halfway through to another promotion and pay raise.

All in all, work is good.

No comments: